At Fireweed Heavy Truck & Equipment Repairs we value our long-lasting relationships with our customers, suppliers and employees. We strive to promote trust and reliability through honesty and integrity. We seek to provide solutions using hard work and resourcefulness. We focus on highway truck and heavy truck repair, which means we know what it takes to keep customers up and running, and why it's important to do so.
We are looking for an experienced Heavy Equipment Technician to join our team! This position is open to the best and the brightest so if you are solution driven and love what you do, reach out to discuss your future with Fireweed!
- Perform routine maintenance, scheduled preventative maintenance (“PM”),emergency and CVIP repairs to all types of trucks, vehicles and equipment.
- Diagnose, adjust, and repair various types of systems including, but not limited to the following: electrical/brake/cooling systems, starters/alternators, HVAC systems, engine electronics, emissions, overhaul and repair, transmissions, driveline, etc.
- Inspect, test, and diagnose equipment to identify malfunctions, using various tools to test vehicle components such as handheld computers and diagnostic programs.
- Thoroughly and accurately document and upload pictures of work performed, parts used, and all findings observed
- Accurately complete documentation in a timely fashion.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Requirements for this Position Include:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Heavy Equipment Technician or indentured apprentice
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- CDL-Class 1 preferred
- High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education.
- Must provide own hand tools that are adequate to perform job functions.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and their drivers.
- Proficiency in the use of mobile devices, navigation of mobile applications to document repairs and communication. Ability to learn new platforms.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task and apply initiative.
- Positive attitude, safety conscious, good instincts, and self-motivation
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance a variety of tasks.
💵 Competitive Wages
🗓️ Full -Time work, Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm
🎉 Weekends Off
🕑 Occasional Overtime
💊 Health Insurance
⚖️ Work / Life Balance
Interested techs should send their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do NOT apply in person.
Due to the number of applications we receive, only qualified candidates will be contacted.